I have a hard time visualizing the need for a narrow filter, for such narrow
modes.  You can sit, in PSK for instance, slap up against another PSK signal
and still copy much weaker signals. Thats the whole purpose of the narrow
band digital modes to start with.  I use WinWarbler (now) to do my digital
transmission in both PSK and RTTY, and when I want to do something like
Olivia or MFSK etc. I go to MixW.  I particularly like WinWarbler because it
has the wide band copy ability in PSK.  I.E it will automatically copy (and
show all the channels) in a 2 or 3 KC bandwidth - at the same time.  Using a
narrow filter in there would completely negate that fantistic capability.

 I have never had to use my narrow filters in order to copy a digital
signal, and yes I have played with them to see what difference it made.
Todays rigs, with their dsp filtering just seem to bypass any need at all
for additional filters for digital operation, though I do see the need for
CW filters, and have 250 and 270 cy fliters in my two rigs because I use my
ears, and not the computer to detect and read that mode.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each