Bonnie,

Have you ever used HF-CPSHF?

John

----Original Message Follows----
From: "expeditionradio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: RSM2400 / MIL-STD-188-110
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:27:04 -0000

 > John K8OCL wrote:
 >
 > Haven't the  HF-LINK folks been using this mode for over 5 years?

Hi John,

Yes. MIL STD 188-110 is in PCALE software (along with standard ALE).
Operators have been using -110 (outside USA) for data files.
I was using the RFSM2400 while I was in Hong Kong, China.
It is a good system, and the modified narrow version takes no
more bandwidth than some other digital modes or SSB voice.

As you know, USA has an arbitrary 300 symbol/second limit in
the USA Data Subbands. But there is no such 300 baud limit in
the "phone and image" subbands, so some of us in USA have
used -110 to send image files. It does that quite well, but
the real forte of -110 is data FTP and email.

Wow... 2007... a shame that USA hams are living under those
antiquated FCC rules made for the previous century's technology.
USA hams still sit rotting in the FCC's technology jail.

The rest of the world's hams can use RFSM2400 freely for data or mail.

Bonnie KQ6XA