Doubt you or Rick are missing anything.

300 baud ax.25 packet works poorly on HF unless near the MUF. I still
like the mode but after 20+ years I agree to its shortcomings...
PAX/PAX2/ARQ FAE all work better at the expensive of
bandwidth....ax.25 packet at 110 baud works better too when down from
MUF (although slow). All seem a compromise, but they all provide
ARQ... a trade-off in speed versus bandwidth..

Bill N9DSJ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, John Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now I'm I missing something - I don't seen to have a problem with
HF