On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:43:58 -0500, "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> I was surprised to see your comment that Pactor and Clover could be used
> via sound card modems if they were not proprietary. The conventional
> wisdom is that these modes require a much too fast switching time to
> implement with non real time computers and even Linux was not able to
> work well enough with Pactor I to equal a hardware modem.

Is this the reason why the AOR and ICOM digital voice modes are not
available in sound card programs?  Is the problem in the sound chip, the
main CPU, or somewhere else (the serial interface, for example)?

--
Jack Hamilton
Sacramento, California