I would head for a well-stocked computer store and try out a 21"
monitorwith intended resolution and distance-to-screen before making
a purchase.

I am using a 30" widescreen display with the resolution set to 2560 x
1600 placed 24" from my eyes. Any further away and I'd be squinting,
but its too close to take in the entire screen at a glance. Had I
taken the above advice, I'd have instead selected a pair of smaller
monitors that I could place at an angle to each other for a more
uniform eye-to-screen distance.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"