>  Posted by: "Jose Amador" [EMAIL PROTECTED] co2ja
>   Date: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:33 pm ((PDT))
>
>I will
>
>I got mine without the battery box, so I am using it fixed with a 12 V
>PSU I built..
>I am very pleased with it. The last time I calibrated it, it was 1 Hz
>away from WWV on 15 MHz.

I have 3 battery packs with mine, if they are the same and you can operate
your RACAL portable in your country, I can send you one, for free, you will
have to get 10 new size D nicad cells of course.

>I have been also the AMPRNET Coordinator for Cuba since 1992, but there is
>little TCPIP activity and we have no links, either RF or wired to the
>rest of the
>44.network. Network security and set policies do not allow otherwise
>nowadays, at least
>in my workplace until now.
>
>CO9BQQ BBS stopped in 2003. CO2JA BBS stopped in 2004. I ran FBB + node
>+ JNOS 1.11, I think it was 1.11 i.
>There are a few other isolated BBS around here but with no forwarding,
>there is no fun to me.

I still administer 44 network here in Greece and although there are a few
JNOS AMPRnet Gateways, people tend to use Internet these days. I will never
give up though, I have 2 X 9k6 UHF ports and 2 X 1k2 ports here in Athens,
an APRS IGATE and a TELPAC NODE in LINUX in 4 frequencies.

>OK. We have to check propagation to find the best window, either on 40
>or 20.
>I will run HamCap at home and see.

Probably 20 but we shall see. I will let you know about it.

>I only have a G5RV, but I can run 500 watts out. SWR on 80 and 30 meters
>is not good.

Hmm, well I have a VERTICAL DELTA LOOP for 40 - 10 meters on my roof (15
meters above ground) but my FT-1000MP only outputs 100 watts, and on DIGITAL
modes I use 50 W but it is worth a try.

>It makes a lot of difference. The european way seems a lot more
>sensible, with less resources and expense.

Well I prefer to do things the European way. I prefer like you to spend
money on a PTC controller (money well spent IMO) and use low power and a
cheaper laptop. More ecological I think. hi hi hi!!! No linears or huge
aerials here. Also I prefer to be able to operate DIGITAL (error free
digital that is) with a QRP Rig while walking on the mountains, or sitting
at a picnic table hence the need for a robust digital mode and of course a
robust digital modem.

>73,
>
>Jose, CO2JA

---
73 de Demetre Valaris - SV1UY
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AX25 PBBS: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://sv1uy.ampr.org/~sv1uy
http://www.athnet.ampr.org/~sv1uy

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: