Not at all. It is a mode where humans must decide if a QSO is valid.
EME ops are certainly picky about this. It is meant for EME, it was not
created as "another automatic box". Of course, it has proven useful for
extreme HF DX as well, which is not as extreme as EME may prove to be.

I would advise some actual JT65 operation on the air before creating a
stir about it.

Jose, CO2JA

---

Roger J. Buffington wrote:
> expeditionradio wrote:
>>

>>  JT65a is certainly an automatic mode. It is as automatic as any other
>>  automatic system. It perfectly fits the definitions of automatic in
>>  both the strictest sense and in many other ways, figuratively,
>>  literally and as used in RF communications:
>>

> It sounds like a ghastly prescription for useless QRM.
>
> de Roger W6VZV

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu