well said, Dmitry

John

VE5MU

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of dmitry_d2d
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:47 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: RFSM 8000

 3 . There are several remarks on the open source codes.
a) RFSM-2400 (and all the more RFSM-8000) is not just a
"dumb" modem though such a rate is also possible (it was used in
PSKMail). Our product is an accomplished system of communication
that provides different types of services including
receiving/transmitting e-mail on Internet.
b) Speaking about OFDM it should be pointed out that we have
got experience in such a kind of modulation and can remark that
to construct this modem is incommensurably easier than Serial
Tone Modem. But the modem of this kind doesn't compare with RFSM
characteristics. If we were not be able to realize Mil-STD
correctly and use OFDM in RFSM, we would not be sorry to
distribute source codes.
c) Philosophy. Professional free software is possible
because qualified developer has been grown up by certain
company. The buyers have already paid for software and
progressive developer as well. Then at the same time free
software appears (like RFSM-2400) - like an ad, to create an
image or ease consumers' tasks. The fact that software is free
is a result of successful sales of developer. However free
software is not possible in fact. The bigger the quantity of it
the poorer it's quality. So said "Write on C++ for food ;)"
There is also rather INTERESTING free software that contains
ads in bulk - for example mobile phones or cars or pasta ads.
You don't have to pay for this software!!! BUT you have already
paid for this software as an end-user of these mobile phones,
cars, pasta: As the prices of these goods include the price of
software.