Hello Rick.

  As regards the speed that is slower 600 in MIL-STD 188-110A/B.
There are  300, 150, 75. In my opinion speed reduction has been
made nonoptimal, using "dumb" repetition of data in 300 and 150 is
not needed.
  The theory of coding says that repetition is the worst way to
improve noise immunity. Speed 75 based on the method of "spectrum
spread" by orthogonal consecution by Walsh. It's rater good but this
speed uses repetition as well.
  We consider that the speed 300, 150, 75 allows reaching better
characteristics of noise immunity that the standard MIL-STD 188-
110A/B allows.
  Frankly speaking the standard MIL-STD 188-110A/B has been used our
product to be noticed by customers. But true to say it contains
nonoptimal solutions.
  Turning to the point of RFSM we should admit that we have mistaken
making the minimal speed - 600. I hope we improve it in the near
future.

Dmitry.