--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Not to long ago I was at a meeting of a big group of hams.
> The subject came up about RTTY of who was using what program.
> I was listening to all when I was ask what I use. My answer opened
> many eyes whey I said that I was computer free for RTTY. Ask how
> I do that I answered - the same way I have been doing it the last 35
> years with a RTTY machine.

> John, W0JAB

Hi John,

What model TTY do you have? In my earlier days in The Army, I did some
TTY repair - I don't think I could even lift the Cast Iron cover of
one of those Dinosaurs today. Most of them were built in the 1930's,
and they were a lot simpler to work on than the later, lighter, and
more compact models.

Hank - KI4UMX