  From: Paul L Schmidt, K9PS
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 00:19 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Has anyone looked into FPGA-based digital modes?

  I've been thinking about getting an FPGA board
  to play with and see what it will do as far as
  hosting an HF modem, or at least the A/D and DSP
  portions of one. The board I'm considering has
  a Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA and all of the peripheral
  hardware (A/D, D/A, VGA, ethernet, serial, etc.)
  one would probably need to do it.

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=S3EBOARD&Nav1=Products&Nav2=Programmable

  Anyone tried (or thought of trying) something like
  that?

  73,

  Paul / K9PS