Here is my personal experience comparing Multipsk and DM-780 in
Olivia 500/16:

DM-780 needs significant more time for synchronizing than Multipsk
(the first 2 or even 3 or 4 letters of a call are not decoded in DM-
780). I haven't seen any better decoding by DM-780 under S/N figures
down to -10 / -11 dB.

73

Juergen, DL8LE

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Olivia mode comparisons, testers needed.
>
> I am interested in testing  weak signal reception of Olivia 500/16
in the
> following applications
>
> Multipsk
> DM780
> MixW
> FL-Digi
>
> I'm looking to test the above applications and...
>
> 1  Determine the typical "lag" experienced when decoding .  I am
led to
> believe that some applications have a 5 second or so lag that
occurs, the
> time from when the transmitting station is heard to stop
transmitting and