Another example of why ARRL turned over all long distance (HF) emergency
communications to the MARS organizations and agreed that Hams were to
provide only  last mile (VHF/UHF) emergency communications.

The Ham community showed their distaste for P3, so it has been largely
moved to NTIA frequencies.

Unfortunately, it set the stage for loss of confidence in the Amateur
Community for Emergency Communications over a long range, unless they
are self-funding the entire response..

There still are some RMS Pactor stations on the Ham spectrum, and some
using P3 for Keyboard to Keyboard use.

Most of them are candidates for MARS service as they continue to get the
flack from the contesters.

Everyone eventually gets whet they want.  Some are late to realize that
what they got in return wasn't actually what they wanted...

Enjoy,

David
KD4NUE