I admit that I am in the extreme minority of hams who are interested in
group connectivity under the worst possible conditions, such as needed
for public service, emergency, and even casual use. Any advance in
higher speed/robust modes is welcome since there is always the
possibility that they could eventually be a component in new technology.
One of the concerns that I have is the proliferation of new modes that
basically don't improve the state of the art. I don't know anything
about mftty so after testing this mode, perhaps some of you can tell us
about the advantages over the other digital modes?