On 04-01, Rick W wrote:

> Linux has not been very successful here in the U.S. with most ham
> computer users.

        I understand the Golden Arches sell more "food" than any other
restaurant too...

> Even the ones who are very techy, such as myself, find
> it mediocre as an operating system.

        That's interesting.. Consider the common denominator??

>Several of my ham friends have tried
> it over the years too and abandoned it. A nearby ham, who is very tech
> oriented decided a few months ago that he was going to really get into
> Linux, until he really tried it and realized it just was not going to
> work for him and he is an electronics engineer.

        So...

> That has been the case
> with most other hams I know and some of us, myself included, really,
> really, wanted to like the OS, even with its shortcomings.

        What shortcomings except comments like yours??

> But it just
> has not been very practical at this point because like so many things in
> life, the trade-offs are too great:(

        Because too many refuse to think??

        Just my 0.02 worth.. :^)..

--

        Vy 73 de Hal--W8MCH    UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3
.