I was looking at the recent (Sept 8, 2009) screen shots of Simon's
SDR-Radio.COM software in the Developer News forum there and was wondering
if someone here could explain to me a little of what I am looking at -
besides the obvious.  Specifically, when I was looking at the Spectrum Scope
I initially thought it was displaying a 2D FFT, however, the colors of the
peaks change such that it seems more like a 3D FFT in almost a 2D format -
and I don't understand the colors.  If this is a standard display, would
someone point me towards a file, website or book that will explain it to me?

Thanks,

Stephen AD7TD