Simon HB9DRV

From: Stephen Cannon
I was looking at the recent (Sept 8, 2009) screen shots of Simon's
SDR-Radio.COM software in the Developer News forum there and was wondering if
someone here could explain to me a little of what I am looking at - besides the
obvious.  Specifically, when I was looking at the Spectrum Scope I initially
thought it was displaying a 2D FFT, however, the colors of the peaks change
such that it seems more like a 3D FFT in almost a 2D format - and I don't
understand the colors.  If this is a standard display, would someone point me
towards a file, website or book that will explain it to me?