  From: Patrick Lindecker
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 4:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] SDR-Radio with DM780 20M
Digital Band

  Hello Tony,

  I have here two PC XP at about 2.4 GHz (single core):

  I have compare these two XP computers on the same file to
decode (in 110A):
  * the first one (the oldest) which is an AMD Atlon 2500+
1.09 GHz 768 Ko RAM takes 75 seconds to decode it,
  * the second one which is an AMD Atlon 2400+ 2 GHz 736 Ko
RAM takes 20 seconds to decode it.

  On the most modern (about 3 years old) with SdR and RS ID
detection on 44 KHz, the CPU load is about 35 to 40 %, but
on the old one it is 100 % (the program does not work in
fact).

  So normally with a modern PC it is OK. With an "old" PC,
it can be problematic.

  Note: with my Vista laptop (dual core), the CPU load is
about 25 % in the same conditions.

  73
  Patrick