Andy,

Patrick is way ahead of all of us.

I forgot to mention that when I first installed the E2180 dual core
cpu/motherboard it only had 500GB of memory.  The digital mode and SDR
applications actually ran OK and the cpu usage was quite low but the memory
shortage was very obvious when starting applications and changing the windows
on the screen such as when browsing the web.

The SDR-14 receiver is very interesting.  I am curious what can actually be
done when scanning a 30MHz spectrum.  It seems like scanning a 30MHz spectrum
fast enough to decode RSIDs would be beyond the capabilities of current PCs.

The next step in software that I would like to see is opening up the digital
mode panoramic decoding display to 5KHz or more.  This would help to spread the
signals out a bit on 20 meters and/or open it up for more digital mode QSOs.
MixW actually does have dual receive capability in addition to the simultaneous
multiple mode capability.  It is unfortunate that it does not have a panoramic
display or RSID decoding.

I am amazed at what some of the programmers like Simon and Patrick have been
able to do by themselves.  It seems like these programs and and especially the
capabilities that SDR opens up can't possibly be one-person projects.

Ed
WB6YTE