Hi Again Ed.  I did play with the 3 VFO feature of Simon's software, see
http://www.obriensweb.com/3vfo20.jpg
http://www.obriensweb.com/3vfo.jpg     (17M)

It is nice to be able to 'see" the CW , digital, and phone portions, and
click back and forth to actually hear when needed.    Thanks for pointing
this out.

yes, Simon and Patrick have amazing skills.  My next venture is to get more
adept at figuring out the transmit side of things , since I am using
"separates".  I have managed to protect the front end of my SDR receiver, no
overload when I transmit.  I am manually tuning the transmitting rig to the
received SDR signal, it would be nice to sync the two rigs without tapping
in to the IF stage of the transceiver. I can do that with SpectraVue but
like Simon's software and would like to sync SDR-Radio  with the TS2000.  I
suspect there are ways to do this already and I just need to explore the
possibilities.

Having fun learning...

Andy.