What is your solution?

--- On Mon, 3/8/10, g4ilo <jul...@g4ilo.com> wrote:

From: g4ilo <jul...@g4ilo.com>
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: 1976 FCC - Delete all Emission Types from Part 97
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:35 AM

      I'm with Skip here.

First of all, hardly anyone uses RSID, even though it is already available, so
I suspect you will not get enough people to use it to make a significant impact
on the problem.

Second of all, and very relevant to the particular issue that has given rise to
this discussion, RSID is not supported by single-mode software and would be no
use even if it did because as well as RSID you have got to have a common mode
of communication.

So for this to work everyone would have to use software that had RSID enabled
permanently and supported at least two modes one of which would be the "common
communication" one.

Also, the RSID has to work down to the same depth in the noise as the modes you
are trying to protect. Otherwise you will have a system for asking if the
frequency is in use which would be no more effective than just listening.

Julian, G4ILO