>>>AA6YQ comments below

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "David Little" <dalit...@...> wrote:

This would be a good plan to insure that the Amateur Radio Service is treated
as hobby-only communications.

>>>"We had to destroy the village in order to save it"

>snip<

I run a 24/7 RMS WINMOR server.

>snip<

If things were different, I would put up a second station 24/7 within
the Amateur Radio Service spectrum.  It simply isn't worth listening to the
whining.

>>>I've heard no complaints about QRM from WinMor stations. Have you?

Also, the potential for being effective in an emergency is too heavily
weighted toward Federal spectrum for the same reasons that the
Winlink/P3 whining never ceases when it concerns Amateur spectrum.

>>>Complaints about QRM from WinLink PMBOs will cease when WinLink PMBOs stop
>>>QRMing ongoing QSOs.

>>>The only WinLink whining I hear is from those offering lame excuses for why
>>>the same busy frequency detection mechanism deployed years ago in SCAMP and
>>>now deployed in WinMor hasn't long been incorporated into WinLink PMBOs.

You reap what you sow

>>>Exactly.

   73,

        Dave, AA6YQ