You further reinforce my position; the amateur radio service is not going to
support long haul emcomm infrastructure.

It doesn't matter what color you paint it.

If the amout of wasted envy spent on lamenting P3 was devoted to promoting the
Amateur Radio Service; then it may have a chance of surviving a few more
decades.

The others who take a serious look at your stance, and the credibility the ARS
stands to lose have a good idea about who is destroying the villiage.

Of course I have heard the same complaints about WINMOR; I live on planet
Earth.

By the same token, if we had to resort to smoke signals, the same group would
be protesting unattended operation of fire.

To me, the discussion is a passing amusement.

I don't anticipate the need to generally waste time or effort trying to use
Amateur Radio Service spectrum for any useful long haul communications in an
emergency; except voice when I may need a larger audience in an affected area.

The SATERN nets in the first week of the Haiti response brought out the
jammers.  They had the same hatred for sustained net operations as the anti P3
crowd have for effective emcomm infrastructure.  The end result is the same;
ineffective interference...

Long Haul Emcomm has migrated to NTIA spectrum.  I am reaping a great crop of
effective communications there.  How well did your crop come in??

Cheers,

David
KD4NUE