These are my personal thoughts about ROS and some info about what Jose told
me about his interests / his goals

Other may think different or have other info

Please do not be angry about me or about Jose!!

My thought is also that it would give less problems with the soft if jose
were a ham

but sadly he is not . in an email conversation with him he explained to me
what his interests are :

Not exchanging callsigns or macros .. nor 5by9 the next one please .

without reading the signal meter and with several askings after the call

or name some people give that report .. is that okay?

I think not!!

The software give a measured signal report . if you want you can get
automatic reports by mail etc

so for propagation tests or antenna tests that software sends no 5by9 report
. it gives you real numbers

that is a much better report I think

His interest is making a software that gets over the ocean under the
noiselevel with a few watts and a simple antenna !

And my personal on air test showed that he finally did it

I had several contacts over 8000 + + + km long paths with only a few watts
on my dipole in the night with a closed band

No psk signals on the waterfall .. nothing on the air but noise .. Go to a
ros qrg and wait

You will be surprised what you see on your screen

YES I Am A FAN OF THAT SOFT (you surely thought that before I wrote it down
here)

My record is 16000 km on 20 and 40m with this setup

This software need a full ssb channel 3kc wide .. .as every phone or sstv
contact does

So it is taking nothing more on bandwith as other modes do .. Yes it is a
ton wider as psk 31

But with psk you surely could not do what can be done with ROS

I think that the soft is good for making qrpp test or other things were you
have only low output

The mf folks and the eme guys for instance . so surely if he were a ham
things would be easier

There were the myths circulating that if the soft is ready jose will make it
commercial

But he said it will not be commercial

sure that his interests are the one above . his hobby is programming

I follow the soft since February this year . on some days he uploaded 2 or 3
versions

In the weekdays most of the time a version a day and on weekends sometimes
more than a version

So he does nothing more than sitting at the pc and programming

I asked him several times if he has no family no friends and if he is ever
sleeping

cause he spends LOTS of time with making the soft better

If we are interested in a long distance mode (I am!) we should help him to
make it better (even if he is no ham)

As he did not know the packet and pactor nets and who is on what qrg he
looked in the bandplans and so were the qrg settings

He did not know it better so we should inform him what we need ..

I asked him for a distance calculator and in the next version it was there

So his hobby is programming . he gives us a great soft for free and we
should take that chance

Have a nice day

Best 73

Dg9bfc