>For what purpose?  If he's not a ham, then it isn't to support the amateur
community.  However, I can think of a lot of uses for a low-power system
using a low->profile antenna that is designed to work under the noise floor;
especially useful for military, government, and even some more sinister
uses.

Surely jose is a sleeper making software for  BIN L. or other terror
organisation :-)

>So his hobby is programming … he gives us a great soft for free and we
should take that chance

>I think that a lot of people have a hard time with some of Jose's actions,
such as hard-coding QRGs into the software, and hard-coding a
persona-non-grata listing >(in which I am included) of hams that are
forbidden from using the software simply for criticizing some aspect of it.

The qrg is hard coded for the cat control but you can turn your vfo by hand
, can´t you? …. The mode is used on that qrgs that are in the soft. If more
and more users use ros on the air we have a different situation …. Maybe we
need not only 1 qrg per band (except 20m) but a used area on the bands with
a (center of activity) as call channel

>Since Jose isn't doing all of this work just for amateur radio, and since
he isn't willing to accept criticism and suggestions from the amateur
community, it is natural >to question the ultimate purpose of the software.
Until Jose comes clean, opens up the software to all amateurs (including
those on the persona-non-grata list), and >graciously accepts both
suggestions and criticism, many people will continue to campaign strongly
against the mode.

I do not know what you and the others in the hall of shame did that made
jose angry

He accepts suggestions (I asked for a function and a few versions later the
function was there)

Has anybody in this blacklist ever read the read me text ??? there are
SEVERAL functions that jose implemented after suggestions of users

And I do not see any military or government organisation that uses locator
with distance and bearing calculating and auto emailreports etc.

So that must be a software for hamradio operators (in this moment not for
all of them)

Until he comes clean?!? Do you think he takes drugs or too much alcohol??
Surely he could not do such a work with that

73´s