--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Siegfried Jackstien"
<siegfried.jackst...@...> wrote:

> <..>
>
> I follow the soft since February this year . on some days he uploaded 2 or 3
> versions

Think about that again. And then look if this is a pro or a contra...
[Think about cars that go back to the manufacturer to install a new steering
column]

<..>

> As he did not know the packet and pactor nets and who is on what qrg he
> looked in the bandplans and so were the qrg settings
>
> He did not know it better so we should inform him what we need ..

You think, you say... but actually in the beginning of ROS frequencies were
published only on the wordpress group. 14.112 was suggested then, and thus I
made José and all the subscribers aware I was on that frequency with my WINMOR
server [and two packet BBS right below and one pactor RMS right above QRG]. So
he and all subscribers were aware months ago.

I also made him aware of the RMS frequency list at winlink:
http://www.winlink.org/RMSHFStatus

As said: it seems José merely sees it from a technical perspective, and not
from a HAM radio nor social perspective. I think this is the main cause for the
problems. If he had invested more time in investigating the "target market" he
is programming for, a lot could have been prevented.

> I asked him for a distance calculator and in the next version it was there

And I asked him to stick to one frequency... and he made three! ;-)

Sigi, are you aware of WSPR? http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/