On 1/11/2015 4:26 PM, ma...@mohawksoft.com wrote:
This is absolutely wrong. A simple key/value table in SQL is perfectly
fine. Why would anyone assert otherwise? The fact that you *can* use it as
a relation is beside the point.

As an aside...

I don't mean key/value data. I mean N-dimensional data where N > 2. Medical records are (can be) a relatively simple example of 3-dimensional data: they cover patient information over time. Sparse array databases were developed specifically because these kinds of data don't fit into tables.

My assertion stands: trying to shoe-horn non-relational data into a relational database is foolish.

--
Rich P.