On 2015-01-11 17:58, Kent Borg wrote:
I would like something that has a nice Python API. But if I can't I
can't. If the no-SQL part has to be discarded, so be it.

I don't need relational features, but I don't mind if my database
supports them. There is nothing in my data that needs a free-format
key/value features. Maybe there is a nice Python interface to
PostgreSQL that hides SQL bits, but I doubt it.

Have you considered SQLAlchemy <www.sqlalchemy.org>? It has a Core layer that is essentially a Python interface to SQL and an ORM layer that allows you to use objects to implicitly manipulate the database. In addition, you can swap out backends, so you're not necessarily stuck with an initial DB choice.

Chris