On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Vamsi Kodali <vms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:00 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> > There also really needs to be a very, very simple way that users can
> > contribute Microsoft Office documents that do not 'translate' well (hav
> > formatting problems) when opened with LibreOffice... meaning, improving
> > the MSO filters should have its own dedicated, simple to use reporting
> > system that any end user can use, without having to sign up for an
> > account somewhere.
>
> As much as I like the idea of users contributing MSO files that don't
> convert properly, I wonder how many would actually be open to the idea
> of sharing their personal files... Nevertheless, it may be a good idea
> to ask the users.

We used to have a tool like that, very simple just upload generate a ID and
report the ID to the mailing list with a personalized form for extra
information. This was very well used by users which thought it was a great
idea. Most users didn't mind sharing this personal data, they will only
delete possible sensitvie information. but for the most part, this
facilitated speed up the support procedures.

> --

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org