>> This is exactly why I suggested we look at multiple wiki engines before
>> installing one and proceeding. ACL features of Foswiki make it easy to
>> specify a separate set of pages or an individual page, and control who has
>> edit
>> access, view access, or no visibility of the page at all.
>
> Well, my experience is that you can use whatever tools you want -
> If the community is willing to accept some basic rules, it is better
> to have an open system instead of putting restrictions at any other
> place.

I have found that you can hack most any tool to work, more or less, but you'll
be more efficient and effective if you plan it out better first! :)

When trying to attract new community members, any little impediment can affect
their willingness to join and participate. And regular, tiny frustrations can
sometimes tire out even the most stalwart contributors.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)