Hi there,

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 11:27 +0000, timofonic timofonic wrote:
> What about supporting more languages for extensions instead? Lua seems
> interesting, there are other languages that couldbe supported too.

        Sounds fine to me; AFAIR Lua has a tiny / trivial run-time. Lua 5 is
MIT licensed, and it is apparently a popular scripting language.

        It would need discussion of course, but I personally have no problems
with another 200k on disk for a new always-there scripting binding. The
problem of course is - finding someone to write the bridge code: could
it be you ? [ the work is quite easy, and we can find a mentor for it ].

> I think LibO should be completely functional with all the features
> without the use of heavy dependencies like JVM.

        Ideally yes. Those that suggest the tasks get tasked with them ;-) so -
how can we best help you make this a reality ?

        All the best,

                Michael.

--
 michael.me...@novell.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot