Le 2010-12-01 18:09, Jean-Baptiste Faure a écrit :
> Le 01/12/2010 23:42, Marc Paré a écrit :
>> Le 2010-12-01 17:29, Jean-Baptiste Faure a écrit :
>>> Hi,

>>> Yes of course.
>>>
>>> Is there any chance that the installer could be in the lang pack instead
>>> of in the core application ?
>>> The user would download the pack lang in his prefered language and
>>> install it. So the installer asks the user the permission to download or
>>> to provide the path to the main application and, when it's done, install
>>> it using localized dialogs.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> JBF
>>>
>> I think that the language packs should remain unchanged as they are
>> often downloaded to enhance people's installation. For example, on my
>> OOo installations at home I have the regular Eng; UK Eng; French and
>> Spanish language packs. The installer would have been downloaded 3 times
>> for nothing as all I wanted was the language pack.
> The langpack installer can be smart:
> - LibO is already installed ->  the langpack adds itself to the available
> languages list and returns
> - LibO is not installed ->  the langpack downloads (if not provided) and
> installs the core application.
>
> JBF

Although a good idea, I would still like to see an installer do this
rather than the language pack. I would rather like the language packs
left as what they are without adding to them. I particularly like
Bernhard's proposal which to me accomplishes the same as you suggest but
through an intelligent installer.

Marc