On Jan 9, 2011, at 16:04 , RGB ES wrote:

> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/forums/
> They are "hidden" (no link on the help page) and you cannot post on
> them yet, but they exists and you can register ;) So my question is:
> how those forums will be organized? There will be one for each local
> site or only one on English? Categories? Organization (moderators,
> etc.)?

Good stuff, Ricardo.

I would imagine that the main headers will have to reflect the structure of the
mailing lists, such as users, website, documentation, discuss, moderators and I
believe there are one or two others that I'm not subscribed to.  I assume there
is some way to determine which ones one has access to.  I wouldn't expect
anyone but moderators and of course the systems people to have or need access
to, say, the moderators forum for example.  And there might be a small section
for off-topic stuff, such as a forum called introductions, where people could
say hello, etc.   Somewhere, perhaps in the OT section, there should be a forum
for suggestions and requests.

Within users, there should be the usual subdivisions of, say, getting,
installing, and then one for each of the applications.  Also an announce forum,
which might be read-only.

I'm assuming the moderators can fix so-called sticky threads, ones which remain
at the top of the subdivision, such as forum rules, etc.  And I'm also assuming
that the moderators can move threads if they appear in the wrong subdivision or
even division.  And might even have the ability to make a person's account
read-only if (s)he gets too stroppy.  That way the stroppy person can still see
the messages, but cannot post except perhaps by sending a post to the
moderators.

Naturally one expects that it will grow organically, and fora and sections will
be added as they seem to be necessary, but it would be good to have a basic
structure in place when it opens.

And BTW, I assume that there will be a prominent link on - preferably - the
home page called Forum.

//James