On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 08:24 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
> Instead, we have a Nabble interface to the mailing lists:
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org

Personally I would not use the forum functions in the nabble interface,
but as a straight view to the mailing list archives I don't see a
problem. I would explain why not the forum functions if you like, in a
follow up mail.

But for this email, if you guys want to integrate it I don't see why it
would not be easily done - I would think, don't know, it should be very
similar to adding the twitter notification box, or a CSE js.

There are pros and cons - Language is one. English only for the nabble
interface. But that isn't maybe a problem, if one limits it to the en
pages...anyway that would be the NL teams call I would say.

You can link in at any level - so a page can start at the user list, or
can start at the libreoffice level above, or a NL level.

For myself I would not use nabble as a substitute for a full forum, or
one of the newer forum/rate/FAQ style systems - but different subject
and different thread on the ML.

But that is just what I think, I registered the nabble site and intended
to make it public, I would not of used the forum functions, but since
then it's moved to the main site so it's not my call anymore.

Best wishes,

Drew