On 02/27/2011 11:52 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> 2011/2/27 NoOp <snipped>
>
>> On 02/27/2011 07:10 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
>> That's OK as it is pulling the images from an http vs http:
>>
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png
>> In other words, its mixed & only 'partially' secure.
>>

> Not quite sure what you mean by «pulling the images from an http vs http»
> here, Gary, as the address for which the anomalous security ratings is shown
> is, in fact, «https://www.libreoffice.org/», i e, a https address. In any
> event, I still get the above messages for «https://www.libreoffice.org/» on
> Opera....

What that means is that the rotating images that you see on the page
showing LO screenshots are obtained from
http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/. That's a
non-encrypted link & so Opera is telling you that there are unencrypted
objects on the page & therefore isn't completely secure. In other
browsers (Firefox for instance) you will see a 'broken lock' on that
page to indicate that it has mixed objects (unencrypted/encrypted).

>> If you try https://www.libreoffice.org/download/ that page should show
>> the security lock. And if you check the security (Tools|Advanced|Page
>> Security Info) you should see:
>> The connection to www.libreoffice.org is secure.
>>
>> Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.7.62 Version/11.01
>>

> That was indeed the case on Opera 11.01 on my 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10 setup....
>

>> The issue, at this point, is with SeaMonkey (linux) & Konquer. If I try
>> on SeaMonkey Windows 2.1b2 it's fine:
>> http://img402.imageshack.us/f/seamonkeycertwindows1.png/
>>
>> I've posted on the SeaMonkey dev group to see I someone there can figure
>> out the issue.

Looks like a SeaMonkey profile issue. Just tried on a different machine
& the regular profile gets the errors. Switched to a clean 'test'
profile and https://www.libreoffice.org/download works fine (linux). Now
I just have to find the correct mozilla sqlite file that apparently is
still stuck on *.documentfoundation.org and not picking up
*.libreoffice.org.

Apologies for for the false alarm & noise.