2011/2/27 NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>

> On 02/27/2011 11:52 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> > 2011/2/27 NoOp <snipped>
> >
> >> On 02/27/2011 07:10 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> >> That's OK as it is pulling the images from an http vs http:
> >>

> http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png
> >> In other words, its mixed & only 'partially' secure.
> >>

> > Not quite sure what you mean by «pulling the images from an http vs http»
> > here, Gary, as the address for which the anomalous security ratings is
> shown
> > is, in fact, «https://www.libreoffice.org/», i e, a https address. In
> any
> > event, I still get the above messages for «https://www.libreoffice.org/»
> on
> > Opera....
>
> What that means is that the rotating images that you see on the page
> showing LO screenshots are obtained from
> http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/. That's a
> non-encrypted link & so Opera is telling you that there are unencrypted
> objects on the page & therefore isn't completely secure. In other
> browsers (Firefox for instance) you will see a 'broken lock' on that
> page to indicate that it has mixed objects (unencrypted/encrypted).

Gary, I can't access the
http://www.libreoffice.org/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>
assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/><http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>page
; when I try I'm informed that I don't have the requisite permissions.
However, precisely as you said - which, of course, I should have noted
previously - in Firefox, when I access the
http://www.libreoffice.org/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>page,
a note to the effect that the website has not provided any information
on the owner is displayed and in addition, under technical details, a
message to the effect that the website is partially encrypted and that
certain portions of the page were not encrypted before being sent over the
internet....

Henri

> >> If you try https://www.libreoffice.org/download/ that page should show
> >> the security lock. And if you check the security (Tools|Advanced|Page
> >> Security Info) you should see:
> >> The connection to www.libreoffice.org is secure.
> >>
> >> Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.7.62 Version/11.01
> >>

> > That was indeed the case on Opera 11.01 on my 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10
> setup....
> >

> >> The issue, at this point, is with SeaMonkey (linux) & Konquer. If I try
> >> on SeaMonkey Windows 2.1b2 it's fine:
> >> http://img402.imageshack.us/f/seamonkeycertwindows1.png/
> >>
> >> I've posted on the SeaMonkey dev group to see I someone there can figure
> >> out the issue.
>
> Looks like a SeaMonkey profile issue. Just tried on a different machine
> & the regular profile gets the errors. Switched to a clean 'test'
> profile and https://www.libreoffice.org/download works fine (linux). Now
> I just have to find the correct mozilla sqlite file that apparently is
> still stuck on *.documentfoundation.org and not picking up
> *.libreoffice.org.
>
> Apologies for for the false alarm & noise.
>

> >> Gary
>

> --

*老朽
頓首