2011/2/27 Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>

> Hi,
>
> M Henri Day wrote on 2011-02-27 16.10:
>

>  Interesting ! I checked this out in FF, Chromium, and Opera and at first
>> glance everything looked fine. However, that latest Opera contains a
>> feature
>> that allows one to check security information with respect to a website,
>> and
>> under the «Security» tab, I see the following (my translation from the
>> Swedish) :
>> *
>> This web site is not secure.*
>>
>> The connexion to www.libreoffice.org is not secure and should not be used
>> transmit sensitive information. The server attempted to activate security
>> functions but failed.
>>

> do you see the same message if you open https://www.libreoffice.org/admin/?
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

No, Florian, when I type that sequence into the address bar, I'm redirected
to «https://www.libreoffice.org/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin%2F» and a
padlock symbol is shown to the left. When I click on the latter, I'm
informed both that the connexion is secure and that the website has an
«impeccable» security history - a description I much appreciated. In order
to log onto the above page, I was instructed to «[p]lease choose an
authentication method and enter your credentials to access the CMS» ; when I
then attempted to do so using my email address and my registration password
for the LibreOffice forum, I was rejected, which is, I presume, precisely as
it should be, given that I am not an LO adminstrator....

Henri