On 02/27/2011 01:09 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
> 2011/2/27 NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>

>> http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png
>> >>

>> > Not quite sure what you mean by «pulling the images from an http vs http»
>> > here, Gary, as the address for which the anomalous security ratings is
>> shown
>> > is, in fact, «https://www.libreoffice.org/», i e, a https address. In
>> any
>> > event, I still get the above messages for «https://www.libreoffice.org/»
>> on
>> > Opera....
>>
>> What that means is that the rotating images that you see on the page
>> showing LO screenshots are obtained from
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/. That's a
>> non-encrypted link & so Opera is telling you that there are unencrypted
>> objects on the page & therefore isn't completely secure. In other
>> browsers (Firefox for instance) you will see a 'broken lock' on that
>> page to indicate that it has mixed objects (unencrypted/encrypted).
>>

> Gary, I can't access the
> http://www.libreoffice.org/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>
> assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/><http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>page
> ; when I try I'm informed that I don't have the requisite permissions.

That's correct - you don't have permission. I was only pointing out that
the .png's for the screenshots on the web page pull the files from
there. You will of course be able to access these:

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png>

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-11.png>

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-10.png>

etc. I was just pointing out that those are the reason why you are
getting a mixed (encrypted/unencrypted) page notice.

If those links used https:
<https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-10.png>
Then the entire page would show as secure when you use https to access it.