O.K., so is everyone now in agreement that there is no legal problem
embedding a font that explicitly licenses itself to be embedded?

I am new here and am a bit mystified at the way discussion seems to move,
with inapposite answers to comments and then the point gets lost along the
way.

This  https://www.adobe.com/type/browser/info/embedding.html Adobe page
lists the four levels of permissions granted (or not, as the case may be) by
a font's license. (However, according to
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/634966?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true
this forum discussion , "installable embedding" is only a theoretical, not a
practical option for lack of any software that actually performs this.

Legal matters aside, I like the idea of an online font repository and
downloading from there as needed.