Pedro,

My mistake then. I didn't read deeply enough into the thread.

I still submit that none of these open source projects and their products
compete in the sense of meaningful market share. With MS-Office dominating
so thoroughly the only thing that makes sense is to build a shared sense
of opportunity, rather than bickering incessantly.

IBM Docs will be a component of the IBM Connections offering later this
year. I don't know how that looks like a competitor to LibreOffice.  Lotus
Symphony was primarily offered to Lotus Notes customers in large
enterprise as a no charge entitlement. Integrated in this fashion, it
offers customers an alternative to MS-Office if they choose.  We have no
evidence that these customers consider LibreOffice, so I don't think it's
fair to say we are in a sort of competition.

What matters most is to help end users understand the benefits of ODF as
their file format, and improve interoperability with the dominance of
MS-Office formats.

I hope you can at least agree on this last point, if not the others.

Regards,

/don

Donald Harbison
Program Director