--
Larry Garfield

On Thu, August 17, 2006 3:19 pm, Klaus Hartl said:

> ashutosh bijoor schrieb:
>> Hi Klaus
>> I've been playing around with your tabs plugin, and would very much like
>> it if you could add a callback facility. ie, when the tab is changed,
>> i'd like a function to be called in the scope of the active tab.
>> I can make this change myself, but dont know whether i have the latest
>> version. does the URL quoted below contain the latest version?
>> Regards
>> Ashutosh
>
> This can be very useful... I will add that soon!
>
> -- Klaus

Use case here:

You have n tabs.  Each one is not actually loaded.  When you switch to it,
however, a callback fires that Ajax-loads the contents of that tab,
possibly skipping that if it's already been loaded.

Taing it a step further, an on-leaving callback would let you auto-submit
a form in a given tab as soon as you tab away from it.  Instant-save
tabbed forms for the cost of 2 callbacks.

Sorry, I just put 2 and 2 together and got a very cool 10. :-)

--Larry Garfield