Autoscrolling doesn't mean that the prev/next controls must be hidden.

See: http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/example_static_auto.html

Autoscrolling is enabled but stops if the user clicks prev/next (option
"autoScrollStopOnInteract" which is true by default).
I'm more thinking about an extension (jCarouselBuilder) which handles the
layout tasks (Building prev/next controls etc.)...