An accordian widget would be a nice addition.  I know of a few places I myself
would use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of "Jörn Zaefferer"
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:52 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: [jQuery] Improved Event system & new Accordion

Hi folks,

I just commited a few changes to jQuery's event system. I fixed the target
property of the event.target for both IE and Safari, and modified bind: It now
accepts an optional third parameter that specifies the number of times the
handler has to executed. When that amount is reached, it removes the handler.
All onexxx events like oneclick now use that option and potentiolly provide
better performance.

I updated the accordion plugin to demonstrate and test these changes:
http://joern.jquery.com/accordion/accordion.html

Check these three lines:
$('#list1').accordion()
.oneclick(function() { simpleLog("oneclick"); })
.click(function() { simpleLog("twoclick") }, 2);

It now uses the event delegation pattern as described by Christian Heilmann
(http://icant.co.uk/sandbox/eventdelegation/), therefore using only a single
click handler and no loops at all. That required the fix for the target
property.

By the way, is there interest to put the accordion into the jQuery repository?

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl