> This is the type of stuff that I think would be SSSSOOO helpful in a 
> tutorial or demo page. Like a best practices type of thing. I recently 
> spent a lot of time talking to John about how to get the project more 
> exposure and one of the things we threw out was getting more examples of 
> coding practices on the site.
> 
> Would you mind terribly jotting down some of these examples? I think 
> they'd really help new users transition to jQuery.

I think a good approach to this would be better examples in the jQuery API. And 
for that to work, a better presentation of the API. This 
(http://www.mondotondo.com/aercolino/jquery/docs/API/jquery-api2.xml) is an 
interesting starting point. I think a tree naviagtion, with either alphabetical 
or categorized hierachy (selectable via tabs) would be a great start.

It's great that every method of jQuery is documented, but there is still lots 
of room for improvement. Adding examples with more realistic context and on 
that way advertising best-practices could help jQuery users a lot.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de
-- 
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to