I can't speak to most of these issues, but I would like to point that 
for myself, learning works best by taking something that exists and 
rewriting it into jQuery. This allows me to not have to think about the 
existing application, but rather focus on get it working or getting it 
right in jQuery.

Getting a thoughtful (not judgmental) critic and suggestions from more 
knowledge users is also very useful. I often get so focused on what I am 
trying to get working, I totally miss that there was a different simpler 
way to solve the problem.

jQuery is relatively new, and many of the things that some of the more 
mature packages have are not use available in jQuery, (for the good or 
bad), so I applaud anyone that has time and effort and a willingness to 
create and offer new tools. The free market place of plugins will 
determine which are more useful.

-Steve

Dan Atkinson wrote:
> There's a whole page of various plugins that can be attached to jQuery.
> 
> http://jquery.com/plugins/
> 
> In my opinion, going after individuals who show their work would not only be
> a childish 'me too'-ism, but it would be damaging to the reputation of
> jQuery, as it would just make people think that we don't have our own ideas,
> so we have to copy those of others.
> 
> 
> Rey Bango-2 wrote:
>> If all the animation features are in jQuery standalone, then I'm onboard 
>> with Dan.
>>
>> What would be good, though, is if a page showing this being done in 
>> jQuery was created. Paul, are you up for that challenge? :o)
>>
>> Rey...
>>
>>> Paul Bakaus wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>
>>>> has someone seen this at ajaxian? Check it out:
>>>> http://berniecode.com/writing/animator.html
>>>> This is probably the most sexiest animate lib I've ever seen in my life.
>>>> Porting this to jQuery would be the PERFECT addition to jQuery's css
>>>> parsing
>>>> possiblities.
>>>>
>>>> What do you think?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Paul Bakaus
>>>> Web Developer
>>>> ------------------------
>>>> Hildastr. 35
>>>> 79102 Freiburg
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> jQuery mailing list
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> jQuery mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>>
>>
> 


_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to