Great Paul! Look forward to seeing bud.

Rey...

Paul Bakaus wrote:
> Hey again,
> 
> Rey: I'm absolutely with you with the idea of pushing jQuery with 
> tutorials and examples. I myself love jQuery and I am starting to use in 
> in commercial projects, too, but many of my co-workers are very 
> interested in examples.
> 
> Of course, checking out demos of plugins is always a great idea. But I 
> would also welcome more migration sheets of different frameworks like 
> the one that was posted in jQuery's blog recently.
> 
> By the way, I perfectly know well that jQuery's build-in animation 
> method should not be replaced, this is were some people may get a wrong 
> idea in my first email in this thread.
> 
> I just wanted to have this extended functionality for myself, so as you 
> said Rey, I will go ahead and create a demo / tutorial like plugin and 
> post it again. This plugin will feature the method like described my 
> Christof, because it's very interesting:
> 
> When doing $("#mydiv").animateClass(
> 'myFirstClass', 'mySecondClass'), the object is transparently cloned at 
> opacity 0.0001 or visibility hidden with the given new class, then the 
> style of this clone is computed, then a diff is made between the old 
> computed style properties and the new ones, and finally our beloved 
> animate() function takes care of the animation, then sets the class with 
> className and removes the animated styles again (because we don't need 
> them anymore if the class is set on the original). harhar :)
> 
> 
> 2006/11/6, Christof Donat <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
> 
>     Hi,
> 
>      > but now my own killer feature :D
>      >
>      > 3.) $("#mydiv").animateClass(oldClass, newClass); -or-
>      > $("#mydiv").animateClass(newClass);
> 
>     That would be nice, but what about this:
> 
>     .myFirstClass {
>             display:inline;
>             background-color:#000000;
>     }
>     .mySecondClass {
>             display:block;
>             background-color:#ffffff;
>     }
> 
>     $("#mydiv").animateClass('myFirstClass', 'mySecondClass');
> 
>     What will hapen?
> 
>     Another thing: after the animation has finished, will the element
>     only have
>     the style of the new class or will it be of the new class. Will it
>     still be
>     of the old class? When does that change if it does?
> 
>     Christof
> 
>     _______________________________________________
>     jQuery mailing list
>     [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>     http://jquery.com/discuss/ <http://jquery.com/discuss/>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Paul Bakaus
> Web Developer
> ------------------------
> Hildastr. 35
> 79102 Freiburg
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> jQuery mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://jquery.com/discuss/

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to