Adobe is already working on ColdFuson verson 8. That doesn't look to me like they're thinking of dumping it anytime soon. I believe that one of the approaches they're pushing is using Flex for the front end and CF for the back end. Also, there are at least three other implementations of CFML. New Atlanta (makers of BlueDragon) is the most well known. Another implementation (still kinda new as far as I can see) is smithproject.org. While their missing some key functionality (hopefully still to come) they're going to make their parser open-source. I find that encouraging. I don't think that implementation will get my complete vote until they support CFCs and other extensibility features.

So, I think it's unlikely that Adobe, or New Atlanta or any of the other CMFL flavors out there will lose interest. I think CF is here to stay.
Cheers,
Chris

Dave Methvin wrote:
I have one vote against CF.  I do know that it is both
easy and powerful, and I certainly don't knock it for that.
But it's yet another closed-source platform.

I'm there too. For a lot of server work I am still using Javascript on
Classic ASP. I really like it because (among other advantages) it is much
easier on my head to use one language than to context switch between two of
them. But Microsoft clearly has it in for this approach; in the future my
programming paradigm won't be worth a plugged nickel.  :)  For your sake, I
hope Adobe doesn't lose interest in CF the way Microsoft did with Classic
ASP.