This wouldn't work for pasting text into the inputs, but for copying it from the inputs, it just might...

1. have the four inputs initially hidden, and display a single, disabled text input. 2. on double-click, the single input is hidden, the 4 others are displayed, and focus is set to the first of the 4 inputs 3. when none of the 4 inputs has focus (or on double-clicking any of them when in "edit mode"), hide them and display the single, disabled input again. 4. The single input's value is just a concatenated string of the 4 inputs and the joiners (- - x). It's updated whenever any of the 4 inputs loses focus.

Not the most elegant solution, but if a quick hack is needed, maybe it would do the trick?

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com