> just a word of warning, blockUI causes 100% cpu-load on
> firefox2/linux (jumpy mouse cursor and all) and it takes
> about 10 seconds for the "please wait"-overlay to appear
> while the desktop is basically frozen.
>
> can anyone reproduce that? (i just clicked on some of
> the test-buttons, happens every time).

Well that's interesting.  It sure doesn't happen on any of the
Windows-based browsers.   How does your cpu usage spike during normal
browsing and ajaxing?  This reminds me of an old Netscape bug where
the cpu would be pinned while the client waited for the server
response.   Just so you know, blockUI doesn't actually *do* anything
other than drop a couple elements into the dom.

Mike