On 1/13/07, Christof Donat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Your code is really good for a jQuery beginner ;-) Just small improvements:

Thanks for the compliment and many more thanks for the *small*
improvements. Everything worked as you said and this was exactly what
I was looking for.

To clarify I was using this.text to get the text between <a> </a> but
var txt = $(this).html() works :)

I tried taking this to the next level. Now I wanted the links to be
loaded via ajax and then clicking on the links would insert them in an
input field

So while this works

$(document).ready(
    function(){
        $('#getTags').click(
                function(){

$('#taglist').load('http://tarique.sanisoft.com/cheesecake/tags/taglist',
                        function(){ $('a.taglink').click(
                                                function(){
                                                    tagSelect(this.text);
                                                    return false;
                                                }
                                        )
                        }
                    );
                    return false;
                }
        )
    }
);

This fails

$(document).ready(
    function(){
        $('#getTags').click(
                function(){

$('#taglist').load('http://tarique.sanisoft.com/cheesecake/tags/taglist',
                        function(){ $('a.taglink').click(tagSelect);
                                                }
                                        )
                        }
                    );
                    return false;
                }
        )
    }
);

Can put up a demo of what I am trying to do if that would make things easier.

Thanks in advance

Tarique

P.S. Allan - yes I need the function at other places